1. All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
2. Gram flour (besan) - 3/4 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
5. Red chilli powder - 3 tsp
6. Oil (to deep fry)
7. Poppy seeds (khuskhus) - 1/4 cup
8. Sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
9. Dry coconut (khopra), grated - 1/2 cup
10. Ginger chopped - 1 tbsp
11. Green chillies chopped - 3
12. Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
13. Cumin powder - 1/2 tbsp
14. Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
15. Fresh coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
Mix together all purpose flour, gram flour and salt in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and oil.
Add sufficient water to make stiff dough. Keep aside.
Dry roast poppy seeds and sesame seeds then roast grated dry coconut.
In another bowl mix chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli
powder, turmeric powder.
Add roasted spices and mix well. Add asafetida, chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
Divide the dough into eight equal portions. Roll out thinly. Apply some water on the surface and spread a
portion of the stuffing mixture. Roll into flutes. Place the flutes in the steamer basket and steam for twenty
minutes. Cool the flutes slightly and cut into half inch sized pieces.
Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry the pieces on medium heat till golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot or cold.